"THE DAYS GO BY AND EVERY VISION COMES TO NOTHING."

Following is a post I made to my www.preterist.typepad.com and feel it should also be read here.
Ezekiel said: "The word of the Lord came to me: 'Son of man, what is this proverb you have in the land of Israel: 'The days go by and every vision comes to nothing.'" (Ezekiel 12:22) The Lord said "Say this to them, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am going to put an end to this proverb, and they will no longer quote it in Israel. . . . The days are near when every fision will be fulfilled. For there will be no more false visions or flattering divinations among the people of Israel. But I the Lord will speak what I will, and it shall be fulfilled without delay. For in your days, you rebellious house, I will fulfill whatever I say, delcares the Sovereign Lord. The word of the Lord came to me: "Son of man, the house of Israel is saying, 'The vision he sees is for many years from now, and he prophesies about the distant future. Therefore say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: None of my words will be delayed any longer; whatever I say will be fulfilled, declares the Sovereign Lord." (Ezekiel 12-21-28).
The Israelites felt safe about the prophecy of their destruction and the loss of their Temple with the Babylonians used as God's instrument of judgment. Re-read the words of this passage. What does it mean He will not delay concerning his word through the prophet - these were not things for the distant future! God does speak plainly and in a timely manner. If God says 'SOON" He means "Soon"! WE can demonstrate this in the prophecy of Daniel: "But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end." He was also told to seal up the visions of this prophecy because the time was "far off in the distant future." God was specific here - the prophecy of Daniel was far off - it was fulfilled about 400 years later (that is far off). In Revelation John was told: "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this boo, because the time is NEAR." (Revelation 22:10). Time does make a difference to God's prophecies. For more about false prophets see my Blog at Blogger.com under my name D.L. Pease on uncle Jessie's Blog called WILL NOT DELAY. Watch for more some time. I may be gone a while to Europe. Remember - Life is Good, David

0 comments: